🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

New Game World Concept (i hope its new)

Started by
0 comments, last by echoknight 22 years ago
here''s how the universe of this game is set up: The planarverse (associate it in size to our universe) is a magically bound universe. The planarverse''s central source of energy is a star-like mass about the size of our sun, but burns much hotter and sheds much more light. Each world is a magically bound surface of one of the millions of cubes that surrounds this star-like entity. The cubes are heated by the magical energy that the star emits that flies through cracks at the joints of worlds (these cracks measure only a few inches). The magical energy that flows outward from the star-like entity through the joints of worlds is so powerful that any being that touches it is immediately annihilated. This magical energy also carries a tremendous amount of light that lights the worlds (they are never dark). The earth that a world lies on is supported by its contact with the magical energy from the star. At the bottom of a world, there is a tremendous build up of heat energy flowing that creates a red shield-like layer between the earth of one world and the sky of the other.
"everything you need is around you...the only danger is inside of you."
Advertisement
That sounds pretty out-there! Haven''t read much fantasy or sci-fi, but I don''t think I''ve heard of anything exactly like that.
Maybe a diagram would help to explain it.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement