🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Need a quick plot

Started by
8 comments, last by MattCarpenter 21 years, 11 months ago
I have in mind a game I want to make (mostly what it will look like and what you do in it). I just need a good plot or something for it. My game is a game where you ride around in a jeep blowing things up with weapons. The places you drive through are cities that have been ''taken over'' by the ''miltary'' (there are Missile turrets and other kidns of weaponry in the cities/military bases/ wherever.'' I kinda need a plot, or a story, or something for a game like this (like what are the teams, what are they fighting for, ect...)
//att
Advertisement
(Don''t cross-post.)

What sort of environment is it? Earth? The moon?

Superpig
- saving pigs from untimely fates
- sleeps in a ham-mock at www.thebinaryrefinery.cjb.net

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

An interdimensional portal has spewed demons all over. And you need to assemble the seven pieces of the Sword of Loth to defeat them. Oh, and they have your baby sister... and they killed your parents. And you''re actually ALREADY DEAD! AIEEE!!!!

Don''t listen to me. I''ve had too much coffee.
If you are making a mind-less fps or some such game, then story isn''t too important, but if you want something original without being original do what Sneftel suggested. Fill the story with cleche after cleche. Seriously. It would be amusing.

I want time-travel. Aliens who want Earth destroyed to "take its resources". Demons who come from nowhere and kill for no good reason. A bad guy who''s your father. A one-liner spitting bad-ass hero. And some kind of mystical seal on something. And a chosen one. And an ancient weapon of some sort (why not just a gun?).

I think that would be hilarious, but maybe that''s just me...
Oh well.

"There are only three types of people in this world: those who can count, and those who can''t."

Just3D
Justin Nordin
J Squared Productions
www.jsquaredproductions.com
"There are only three types of people in this world: those who can count, and those who can't."Just3DJustin NordinJ Squared Productionswww.jsquaredproductions.com
This is a plot from a film. A soldier crashes in enemy territory(in film it is Nam) and his only contact with friendlies is thro a walky-talky to a guy in a light airoplane who comes over the territory once a day. The guy in the plane guides him out. They use some code based on a golf course they both played on. There is a lot of buddy-buddy stuff in the film - interpersonal between the soldier and the fly-guy. In the film the soldier avoids trouble, but your man in his jeep sounds like he is looking for it!
How about something somewhat different--and cynical!
-----------------------------------------------------------------

After the attacks of September 11th, 2001 [so you know this game is set in the not too distant future], in an attempt to preserve national security a series of laws are passed that slowly erode the rights of citizens. Also policies designed to improve the economy only succeeded in making the gaps between rich and poor worse.

50 years later, a new revolution begins. This time the battle is between have and have not.

You are a memeber of these new minutemen, driving around the war-scarred landscape, destroying the resouces of the overlords and maybe even helping to save a few people.

BTW:
The movie gaussuk speaks of is called "Bat-21" (it''s actually based on a real story too!)

You''''ve never seen anyone like me, and you''''ll never see anyone like me again!
You''ve never seen anyone like me, and you''ll never see anyone like me again!
Hmm...let''s see. I''ll just pull a storyline out of the random plot generator.

_________________________The Idea Foundry
The military, for reasons they claim are related to terrorist security, have decided to proclaim martial law.

In reality, the government of the country has been eradicated by a fanatic group lead by someone bent on restoring old customs that he believes the world needs in its current state.

Defeat the outposts, free the cities, help the country rebuild its government and escape from under the iron fist of these vile betrayers!
It's not what you're taught, it's what you learn.
Iv Got to agree with Sneftel and just3D. Make it some crazy Soapopera typed plot With thousands of screwd up plot things which dont really link together but all add to the screwd up world with aliens and demonds and mythical swords that shoot fireballs to eventually have to beat the final boss who turns out to be your dad, But then it not it actually him and it turns turns out that the aliens took your sister and impregnated her and her son is actualy your dad who was taken by the demons and given ultimate powers, and the dad you killed was actually your mom. Who was abducted by aliens 10 years ago and you were left with a clone who had died 2 years ago of smallpox. But then you find her in the bushes and she never actually died then she gives you theat sword of loth thing and you go kill your dad who had those ultimate demon powers. Once he dies you go to the end cutscene of all the aliens and demons are leaving. Yahoooo everyones happy. But then you see that thers 2 aliens and 2 demonds left and their breeding. But the game ends. Wow! what a cliffhanger. I guess ul have to wait till the sequil.

Just a thought
In reality, there are only about 3 or so plots that actually exist. Find some material and adapt it to a new place or time period. Thats the basis of most Sci-Fi...

I watch TV
TV watches me now...

etc...

Watch something from a culture you don''t understand or arn''t a part of, and then you can combine it with something you do understand...

Wrestler Buff Bagewell used this on all of his Gimmicks. He watched BET, and adapted it to the wrestling ring...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement