🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Darkworl Game Idea

Started by
5 comments, last by Blood Spawn 21 years, 10 months ago
Im making a game right now and I wanted to know what you thought about it as it stands. Any input negative or positive is freatly appreciated. You start as a guy in a wasteland with no memory of his past, as you progress through the game you discover more of your past and what you truly are. Allies join you in your quests and there are many plot twists that are hard to find beforehand. This will be like a final fantasy kinda game but, we will have a altered battle system, many monsters, groovy 3D landscapes and graphics. Overall I think it will be great. Spells are welcome and stat allocation is used when you level up. Also you arent restricted to one weapon type, you can use virtally anything. Wat do you think? Talk to me.
Moo!
Advertisement
Sounds like a lot of games. What''s special about it? Saying that there are lots of plot twists is nice, but not exactly something we can comment on.

[ MSVC Fixes | STL | SDL | Game AI | Sockets | C++ Faq Lite | Boost | Asking Questions | Organising code files ]
It''s like your saying:

A have this game where you play this guy who does stuff and people join him in his quest to do things in order to ultimately battle the other dude with the virtually anything in a groovy 3D kinda world.

Come to think of it, that''s a great game idea!

"There are only three types of people in this world: those who can count, and those who can''t."

Just3D
Justin Nordin
J Squared Productions
www.jsquaredproductions.com
"There are only three types of people in this world: those who can count, and those who can't."Just3DJustin NordinJ Squared Productionswww.jsquaredproductions.com
You need to design this in more detail (or if you already have, mention some details). The no memory thing can be cool, but be aware its been used before. The first game that comes to mind is Planescape: Torment, but I am sure there are others.

PHRICTION
Is he a lord?
Is he highborn?
A commoner?
A mage?
etc.

How common is magic in this universe?
How common is gold in this universe?
Treasure?

You must know all these things before creating a full universe.
Is he a lord?
Is he highborn?
A commoner?
A mage?
etc.

How common is magic in this universe?
How common is gold in this universe?
Treasure?

You must know all these things before creating a full universe.
Sounds a lot like Planescape: Torment, look into it for how it was implemented.

m-m-m-malfunction-RUNTIME ERROR:23199700vx.....
SELF DETONATION CODE ENTERED-
GOODBYE.....
m-m-m-malfunction-RUNTIME ERROR:23199700vx.....SELF DETONATION CODE ENTERED-GOODBYE.....

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement