🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

link to writing columns

Started by
1 comment, last by sunandshadow 21 years, 4 months ago
A Way With Worlds - Lots of columns on worldbuilding ^_^

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

Advertisement
wow - i just scanned the titles and read a few of the articles, but thats awesome. thanks for the link, s&s.

i have one question, though. what are some good examples of books/games/authors/etc that have awesome worlds?

jrr tolkein comes to mind (middle earth) and even alan dean fosters commonwealth universe.
-geoYou have achieved victory by DOMINATING THE WORLD.
Probably the biggest fictional worlds (setting aside the four quadrants and galaxies far, far away) are Tolkiens Middle-earth (each race has its own crafted language!!), Anne Caffreys Pern and where-ever-the-hell Robert Jordans Wheel of Time is set (never read any of them, but I guessing the world is quite expansive as it is covered in ten books).

Cheers for the links sunandshadow, just took a look at a few of the tutorials and downloaded the lot =P

#Old Steve, he said to Xerox "Boys, turn your heads and cough"
And when no-one was looking he ripped their interfaces off#
Three Dead Trolls in a Baggie on the truth behind MacOS 1

SketchSoft | SketchNews
www.aidanwalsh(.net)(.info)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement