🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Want screenshots from my RTS Game? here?

Started by
29 comments, last by bogdanontanu 24 years ago
Thanks all

I know terrain sucks...

but its just because my (our team.. but i like the word my) artist designer (its Adina a girl) has done almost only units animations and trailler movies ....she will go to terrain...hope pretty soon...

See ya then...

Bogdan

PS. CyberBen nice to see u again....i am thinking to that exchange terrain smooth vs pathfinding..... hmmm let me see some of ur terrain....

obysoft
Advertisement
Your game looks fine.

The post however, don''t belong in the DirectX/OpenGL thread, so I''m moving it to the Your announcements

- WitchLord

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

I was wondering. . .did Starcraft have anything to do with this game? The basic look is almost exactly the same, just different sprites or whatever for the ships. Also, I bring this up because in your first screenshot it says "Terran Siege Tank", a unit in Starcraft. Oh, and the life bars as well as shadows look very similar. I''m not accusing you of anything, but was Starcraft at all involved in your making of this game? Did you use part of the engine or anything?
well i doubt Blizzard wrote starcraft in pure ASM, so my guess is that he didn''t use parts of their engine? i know that may sound crazy, but it''s the truth...

;-)

david
--david@neonstar.netneonstar entertainment
Well... in ASM... midly impressive...
You could have done better ! Take myself for exemple, I have written a PONG clone in DirectDraw ! Beat that for complexity !

WHO DO THEYTHINK THEY'REFOOLING : YOU ?
whats the specs on your game? resolution and bits/pixel

also are you using any 3d hardware acceleration?

Sincerely,
Scott

p.s. nice looking game so far...nice on the fog''o''war
I''m jealous! Your game looks awesome!

Guardian Angel Interactive
Yeah, that's pretty cool. But isn't Terran Siege Tank from StarCraft? Also, I suggest you check this out. This is from MY RTS:

Well? What do you think?

Top quality games don't kick ass as well as these.

http://danavision.homestead.com

Prepare to be blown away!
-------------------------

Magic Card

Edited by - Magic Card on June 13, 2000 5:42:02 PM
-----------------------------A world destroyed, a myth rebord. Some truths should remain untold...Check out NightRise today, coming eventually from DanAvision Software Entertainment.http://www.danavisiongames.com
Seems like you should spend more time in photoshop making the graphics and less time wasting time by using asm... :-)
Hey!
That's pretty damned funky
I am impressed...but I wonder what type of RTS is it going to be? (Action or Management concentrated gameplay for example) Somebody has already made a reference to starcraft...I hope this doesn't bug you, but the screenshot with the menu did remind me of StarCraft because of the menu colour scheme. Was StarCraft a major part of inspiration? Curious

Keep at it!

www.stephen-hawes.co.uk

Edited by - Zonbie on June 20, 2000 9:12:04 PM

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement