🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

My pre-alpha game

Started by
9 comments, last by InsanityX 24 years ago
Hey I just decided to upload this to get some input. Lookin for some ideas on where to go from here. www.crosswinds.net/~insanityx/main.html Thats about 600kb, sorry. But it includes the source. So if anyone wants to take some time and look at that, add stuff, take away, change, completely throw out and re-write then please send it back with some comments. bizzaro_@hotmail.com As you can see im new. Id love to see some ideas so if you dont wanna play with the source you can mess with the exe. Not much to do though. Chad Edited by - insanityx on 6/16/00 10:13:55 PM
Advertisement
there''s nothing on your page, check your site !
bye
Karl - Blueskied Games | my german site: Gratis Spiele
If by nothing you mean, not much then yeah its just there to let people download the source/"demo".

If you mean blank, then i just copied and pasted it in and it worked...

no, he means it litterally means it doesn''t work.
Nothing happens.
Check your files are in the right directory ect.

//end
It works fine for me.

-- Kazan - Fire Mountain Games --
It shows a simple page for me, but it says it can''t find the zip file when I click your little download link.
- Ben
__________________________Mencken's Law:"For every human problem, there is a neat, simple solution; and it's always wrong."
"Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons."- Popular Mechanics, forecasting the relentless march of science in 1949
Well for starters you''ve named your zip file "NovaAlpha R2.zip" (With a space) which some people''s machines might not like (Or your server for that matter) Some servers will rename files when you upload them. So the space could have been removed or changed to another character like an underscore or something?
I still couldn''t get it after playing around a bit.
- Ben
__________________________Mencken's Law:"For every human problem, there is a neat, simple solution; and it's always wrong."
"Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons."- Popular Mechanics, forecasting the relentless march of science in 1949
Well, I cant even log into my account now to change anything.
And every once in a while i cant even view my page. I guess thats whats been happening to you guys.

Can anyone recommend some more reliable web hosting? Preferably with no banner ad''s? And a decent amount of space.

Thanks for trying to look at it When i get a new working version ill upload it somewhere else (with no spaces ) Check it out then

Later, Chad
Hey,
InsanityX,
Is your game made in DirectX?
If so, I can help with the hosting

//end
Yeah it''s in DirectX.
But I really dont think my page or game for that matter is impressive enough to have anyone else host it for me.

Later, Chad

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement