🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Cool Stuff in a 3D shooter?

Started by
24 comments, last by nes8bit 24 years ago
Come on people, give me all the juicy details of what makes a good 3d shooter? I''d really like to hear from landfish ------------------------ Captured Reality
Advertisement
Originality. You just can''t beat it. God knows how many 3D shooters on the market now, and still very little originality. Anyone who has a truely good and original concept can probably see through to a very good and original product.

Well, that''s my allegedly *divine* opinion. Sigh....
======"The unexamined life is not worth living."-Socrates"Question everything. Especially Landfish."-Matt
Is that the best you could do

So what makes a 3d shooter unique?

------------------------
Captured Reality
Huh-huh. Cool stuff rocks.

Yeah cool stuff kicks ass! heh-heh hmm.

Uhhhh. If I made a game. It would have, like, tons of cool stuff in it. Uhhh huh-huh.

Someone should make a 3D version of Beavis and Butthead. Sort of like EverQuest, but B&B instead. Yeah yeah, cool!
I was recently reading around the message boards and came across on a post where someone said to stop making RPG''s. People then responded by giving the reasons why they most like RPG''s, the storyline. Now if we could get a 3D shooter with a deep and involved story that would be cool. I might actually play one. Personally i can''t stand Quake, it''s the same thing over and over. If someone could make a 3D shooter with a good deep story that would be cool. Cheers!
Oh, jeezus. DID YOU PEOPLE READ THE POST?

That''s exactly the freaking point I was making in the No more Rpgs post. You can blur the lines a lot and still make great games that everyone loves, without being slave to the goddamn 3 letter acronym!

Please understand, this is pissing me off. I''m just sick of these developers who say, "I wanna make an RPG!" and then set about completely cloning the last FREAKING RPG they PLAYED! THAT IS ALL I WAS SAYING!

Wow. I need to chill out.
======"The unexamined life is not worth living."-Socrates"Question everything. Especially Landfish."-Matt
Yeah, LF, you need to go have some beer or something to chill out.

Although...
Being pissed off is better than being pissed on.

How's that for a little Zen?

Edited by - Nazrix on June 21, 2000 6:35:13 PM
Need help? Well, go FAQ yourself. "Just don't look at the hole." -- Unspoken_Magi
What is, is not and is, is, is not and is!

Saráth evenü, cán el-sayü liné!
Saráth evenü, cán el-sayü liné!
Now, see, that I understand, Matrix...
I wish all those other Zen stories were so simple.
Need help? Well, go FAQ yourself. "Just don't look at the hole." -- Unspoken_Magi
Being able to blow up _everything_, that''s always cool. It''s a let down when you try to shoot that big flying thing outside the window, and then your rocket just disappears...

And how about some original weapons that are USEFULL. It''s great when you can get 300 different weapons, but it sucks because you only use 1 the whole time.
-------------------------------------------The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still.Exodus 14:14

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement