🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Violent Animal RPG: What do you think?

Started by
34 comments, last by Kingzoolerius666 20 years, 9 months ago
Well from the little you''ve told me I cant really have an opinion, however if you were I was someone who you were trying to sell your idea to, I''d turn you down. Pokemon meets Gargoyles meets Dragonball Z in a dark RPG just doesn''t raise my heart beat.
Cheers, comrade Kyle Evans,Artificial entertainment [Movie/Game Reviews]Contact: kyser3152@yahoo.com.au
Advertisement
The funny thing is that I expect to get turned down. Oh, and yes, the game does foreshadow to a much, much larger storyline. I''m too afraid to tell you too much about the game.

All of this zoo "crap", very few actually understand it. This game is a reflection of my life though, so I''m designing this from the heart. Also, the reference to the past isn''t mentioned much in the game and it''s insignificant to the first few games of the series.

Right now, I''m slowly working on the battle system. When I go out to the real world I do not want this to be my first game. I want to spend a few years in the professional world before releasing my best game. I want to learn more about game production and publishing before releasing this. I don''t want another company holding the rights to my best game and destroying the concept/image. I want total control over this one.

~~~ Signature: ~~
"Satan sent me to destroy the video game industry." - Trigger(my alter ego)
"God is a game designer too and his game, ''Life'' " - Me
"Squirrles make me horny." - Sean Randy Rowlen Uranus
~~~ Signature: ~~"Satan sent me to destroy the video game industry." - Trigger(my alter ego)"God is a game designer too and his game, 'Life' " - Me"Squirrles make me horny." - Sean Randy Rowlen Uranus
Well, I had a similar thought once.
I had an idea for a game, thought it was very very good, so it just can''t be my first game, since I need to learn a lot until that game could become what I want.

But lately I gave up that thought. Many of this is like writing, you get better everytime you do it, but if you''re not doing your best and keep saving the best ideas for later, you won''t end up gaining anything.
You need to push yourself and do your best everytime you do it, everytime you create a new game, everytime you write a new story.

That doesn''t mean you shouldn''t ''save'' some ideas, some ideas are just not made for the actual game or the next one. In that case, keep it written done in some kind of ''idea book'', if it''s an idea for gameplay, a feature, a fully designed character or a complete storyline, it doesn''t matter.

And anyway, who says that this will be your best game?
You could end up having a much better idea one day and throw that onw away, so just do it *now*.

If you like to, you can release a revised version of it anyway.
The idea could work if you gave it some more originality (sp?)
... Just give us the Basic Backstory. That way we can see if it's original or not... because, personally, it's not very original with what you gave us.
Also, try reading some books on game design. Chris Crawford on Game Design is great.

ALSO... where do you get across bashing the gamecube? Let's see you make a game that's even half of Zelda or Metroid.

... eh... that was rude... sorry. But, you shouldn't go off bashing stuff unless you know you can do better... until you have done better.

[edited by - aramstudios on August 31, 2003 7:14:44 PM]
_______________________Dancing Monkey Studios
Sorry, I can''t. It''s too secret.....I just can''t man. Sorry. I could come up with another Animal RPG and tell you that storyline. But it takes time to construct a new idea.

I don''t see how you could say my idea isn''t original. How many animal RPGs do you see out there that are AS POPULAR as Final Fantasy X? Please don''t mention Buldar Gates. 90% of all of the console gamers I know never even heard of that. Hell, I haven''t heard of that until someone mentioned it in this web site. I''ve never played it either so I''m not "biting" any ideas.

~~~ Signature: ~~"Satan sent me to destroy the video game industry." - Trigger(my alter ego)"God is a game designer too and his game, 'Life' " - Me"Squirrles make me horny." - Sean Randy Rowlen Uranus
there is many rpg with animal (release in japan the most or amateur on rpgmk and still excellant)

as successful as ff?? succes can not be plan in advence so...
but you have pokemon ruby /saphir

well your game will not be original simply because it''s animal, it''s will because animal adds or change something important in playing or story, not by switching human by animal, if it doesn''t it''s not something you can call original

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
be good
be evil
but do it WELL
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>be goodbe evilbut do it WELL>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
But there''s a great deal of religious references which might offend many christians and muslims. It''s....damn....I can''t say anymore.

Alright... Alright... I was probably too swift to call it non-original. Sorry, for that. I'm wondering if all these characters do is shoot energy from their hands, or if they have any other powers.
If they all shoot things from their hands, it's gonna be somewhat repetitive... but, I'm sure you already thought of that.
Good luck to you, though!

BTW... what kind of religious stuff? Most wouldn't be offended by just another religion. But, if you're purposefully (sp?) persecuting them... I dunno if they'll take it lightly. They won't get on the news and say mean things (cause, let's face it, Christians don't always stand up for what they believe in public unless it's a huge matter [and, they shouldn't be like that]), but they probably won't buy it. You will probably want to stay away from that. Making another religion, or using another religion shouldn't bother them.

[edited by - aramstudios on September 3, 2003 8:32:02 AM]
I won''t go in-depth but I''ll just throw some lines at you.

War in heaven
God/Jesus being captured/held hostage
The universe is taken over by the kingdom of hell
Blasphemy is all over the game
Bible(Holy Book) burnings
Disrespect for many religious

Keep in mind: These are the things the bad guys do. The good guys are sort fighing in the "name of God". The story is too long and complex to tell you guys. If I explained one section/chapter it wouldn''t make sense to you guys.

I really don''t see much of a problem with that... except for the fact that God is able to be taken down... that would make Him less than a god, right? I don''t see why God just couldn''t draw away from the world and leave it (or so it seems) to its ruin, but then send a small band, or whatever, to save the earth from death and destruction.

Uberness...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement