🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Writer looking for team.

Started by
10 comments, last by wes 20 years, 8 months ago
I am also looking for another effortable partner in designing games and such the sort.I am currently been working on two 6 year projects and some others have already been finshed except for notorization and patenting them.but for the first game it is a survival horror board game set in the present past and that deals with 100 occupational characters who all have been thrown from their ordinary lives into bitter hell of horrific nightmares of the walking dead and other oddily creatures taking over the island city.

the second story tcg is about the good proetcing the planet while the evil tries to destory it for their on evil uses. this story is set in the fuedel japan and china era.I have completed cutting out each card by hand and it has taken me 1 year and 4 months to be done with over 16,000 cards all together. this is a truely unique board tcg.If you need any information let me know on here or by email. good luck and have fun.

BullDogRacing76
BullDogRacing76
Advertisement
quote: Original post by RichardMV
In addressing morals, you could have a "mysterious voice of wisdom", who will be representative of the main characters conflicting thoughts. For example, as the main character storms a town, a figure appears, asking "why do people fight?" When the main character turns to look, there is no one there. I feel that using an apparition like this allows for the player to more easily see the morals of the story unfold, without totally blasting them with an obvious hint. After all, it would defeat the purpose of making the player think if you tell them flat out what you are trying to say. Perhaps to do this, the mysterious figure could talk only in questions. Just wanted to put forward that idea. I like your story, by the way. Since I am working on a project of my own, I won''t be able to work with you, but if you need one or two things, perhaps I can make a MIDI or two.

Well i like the idea of a mysterious voice, but i was shooting for more conflicts from within themselves. These conflicts would be shown in their thoughts, questions like you suggested would be brought up but not totally resolved, this would allow the player to think for him/herself and come across to a unbiased opinion.

I also want to make it mutli-level. This is a technique Bruce Lee(which i actually practice the martial art he developed-Jeet Kune Do)used in his movies to put deeper meanings in everything he did and they would be revealed to those that looked. For example, in Return of The Dragon he approaches a enemy, the enemy swings his arms wildly before attacking but bruce takes him out in one swift kick.
This is to show simplicity, which is a key element in JKD. I would translate to this in that philosophers may wonder around town and talking to them may bring about further insight.

There is central characters of the story on both sides of the conflict, so you see more conflicting ideals of morals and such. I would also like to make it both sides are controllable at points so outcomes are different.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement