🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Digitizing hand written DesignDoc.

Started by
11 comments, last by Saurabh Torne 20 years, 8 months ago
Which is the best program advised to create a digital version of my DesignDoc. I have a huge game DesignDoc which is handwritten and is 50 percent complete. The features I wanna add to my digital DD are: Appendix A,B.. Glossary .... Index.. Search capablity. Hyperlinks through doc.. and easy modification. Later I want to divide the topics on designers side ,programmers sides... and create seperate versions. All I want is it should have a lot of ease for the reader and easy reference whenever needed. Which program is advisable.Is MS Word good enough?Microsoft help workshop? etc.. Many Thankyou in advanced.

Got a Game? Get Reviews and Links.Free and Honest Publicity never Hurts!ITnauts.com

Advertisement
I''d go for html. Get a simple editor for it, to make hyperlinks and such easy.

Html is lightweight, and very portable, and putting it online will not require another conversion.
yes Html is a good idea but I dont think anyone will publish a DD on the web when not more that a handfull of trusted people will view it.I would rather give it zipped.
any sugestions please.

Got a Game? Get Reviews and Links.Free and Honest Publicity never Hurts!ITnauts.com

Notepad, Frontpage, Dreamweaver, CityDesk. Write it, then zip it...
Just out of curiosty does anyone know a good program to digitize hand written documents? I mean I have my hand written notes and I want to scan them and convert them to a text document without rewitting them.

-----------------------------------------------------
Writer, Programer, Cook, I''m a Jack of all Trades
Current Design project
Chaos Factor Design Document

Is... that... possible?

Uberness...
_______________________Dancing Monkey Studios
latex is the way..
*c++ = true;
I am feeling slightly stupid but I think I will use word first to type in and final DD will be in Microsoft help workshop

Unless you have access to a scanner capable of perfect OCR (optical character recognition) or software that can do it without errors, you will either have to transcribe it all or thoroughly weed through the whole document and fix errors by hand.
I have scanner and OCR program but still I will "thoroughly weed through the whole document and fix errors by hand" because my handwriting is difficult for people to understand ; we are talking about a machine here
So this will infact gonna give me the previlage to type in my DD with love! and enjoy every further the development process.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement