🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

New openGL game demo up

Started by
4 comments, last by -BacksideSnap- 23 years, 11 months ago
If anyone is interested head on over to my site and download the newest demo of what I''m working on. It isn''t much (3D animation engine and collision detection), but I want to get compatibility issues ironed out before I get too far into this thing. Let me know if/how it runs on your system, and what your system is. Click www.binaryvenom.com or my sig to get to the site. Thanx. -BacksideSnap-
Advertisement
hEY d00d

It works... but performance is awfull (16fps on a cel450 / TNT1 / win2k)

This one is a resource hog, kinda. It runs at 60-100 fps on my PIII-500 / GeForce DDR, about the same as quake 3 (although I shouldn''t even mention my demo in the same sentence as Q3). It''s set to run at 1024x768 in 32-bit color with a 24-bit z buffer. It also uses a couple of things that aren''t accelerated well on older video boards. I want to throw some more geometry in there to give TnL a go, but there are a few other issues I want to iron out.
Thanks for your reply, I appreciate it. Hell, the thing wasn''t even working on TNT1s before.

-BacksideSnap-
I got about 55 to 60 fps. p800, GeForce. The fps jumped around a lot.

JoeMont001@aol.com www.polarisoft.n3.net
My HomepageSome shoot to kill, others shoot to mame. I say clear the chamber and let the lord decide. - Reno 911
On my computer, the screen just turns white and it crashes. It says that it attempted to execute an invalid instruction.
If it helps, my computer's a PIII 600 MHz w/ a Diamond Viper 770D video card, w/ desktop resolution at 1024x768x32bpp.

lntakitopi@aol.com - http://www.geocities.com/guanajam

Edited by - SHilbert on July 17, 2000 7:48:08 PM
Hey SHilert: What OS are you running? It won''t work on NT, and won''t work without DX 7.0... If this isn''t the problem then I''m kinda clueless why it crashed.

-BacksideSnap-

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement