🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Christmas Game - any ideas?

Started by
8 comments, last by theK00K 20 years, 6 months ago
Im making a multiplayer 2d side scrolling christmas game, please throw any ideas you have at me. My setup Im currently aiming for is deathmatch where you jump down chimnees and open the gift in the house, which will give you a random item (or weapon if thats not considered one), I think ill put a rideable santa slay in it also... maybe. Of course the players are elves, or maybe you should be able to choose between elves, santa... and any other mythical christmas characters anyone can come up with. [edited by - theK00k on December 23, 2003 1:35:25 AM]
***KooK Commander***
Advertisement
You are a snowman with snowballs as your weapon.
Monsters are christmas trolls, the grinch, kids, etc.
Something you can code in 6 hours and debug and polish in 12 - cos you''ll be hard pushed having it ready for this xmas.

I''d like to see a game based on the evil santa robot in futurama. It goes around slaying (no pun intended... much) people at random.
The evil Santa robot was really cool and would make for a fun game. However, I don''t quite think that was what theKOOK was looking for. You can try like a snowball fight game Mega-man style. If you don''t really care though, go with the Evil Santa Robot!!

"Stop it mister!!! I don''''t even know you!!!"
"Stop it mister!!! I don''t even know you!!!"
woaaaah... I thought of that yesterday... heh I thought that would be cool to - a robot of santa (Yes, i was thinking of the one from futurama). Another thing - how do people feel about an after christmas christmas game? What sucks is i can see it getting done within days but... past christmas. Im planning for the snowball fighting action, of course that is going to be the whole basis. But what are other christmassy weapons? I wouldn''t want you to only have one thing you can use. btw... ill definitely put in a robot santa now that everyone thinks thats a cool idea. Ill try to mimic what I remember from the santa robot on futurama. Well - with everyones interest im going to attempt to release it by christmas.... which means no sleep tonight... again... maybe.
***KooK Commander***
Santa Claus vs. The GWinch (the Grinch)
They fight to fill / empty houses of presents.
Aside from Elf Bowling, you couldn''t get me to play a Christmas game. A Christmas RPG would be hilarious though, I guess.
Top view 2D shooter. You are Santa and must battle your way out of your evil elf infested workshop.
quote: Original post by Anonymous Poster
Top view 2D shooter. You are Santa and must battle your way out of your evil elf infested workshop.

Something like moohuhn: you are a Santa apprentice and shoot snow at parents who didn''t light their houses. btw, you could be hit too by them, so you should be able to change the course for the christmass carriage. In the end, by lighting up a whole town, you are rewarded with the Santa Approved Apprentice award :D

A

A
Isn''t Christmas about Christ after all, and not about some bearded Coca-Cola agent wearing red suit? Specifically, isn''t the Christmas about the birth of Christ?
You can make it a story of the three wise men, after they saw the Bethlehem-or-whatever-star and headed onwards to greet the son of the God. The bonuses they collect on the way are in fact presents for newborn Jesus. You can also insert some cool staff fighting, if you like and have time (every wise man has a staff and knows kendo - Gandalf to mention just one).
How about that?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement