🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Names for weapons wanted

Started by
8 comments, last by James Gregory 20 years, 5 months ago
Anyone fancy suggesting a name or two or three for my game? It is set in space, and as with all space combat games I need a big selection of weapons with silly names. Well, not intentionally silly. I need names for: - lots and lots of sorts of lasers - a few sorts of missiles - a few sorts of torpedos - a few sorts of countermeasures All suggestions considered. Thanks, James www.hcstreet.f2s.com/galaxyhack
Advertisement
Something you might be interested in:
http://www.seventhsanctum.com/gens/newweapon.php

There''s a lot more generators for a whole slew of other things on the generator page:
http://www.seventhsanctum.com/gens/

Have fun
Hey, thanks!
I gotta comment:

that''s a pretty neat page. hehe.

Kory
"The pioneers of a warless world are the youth who refuse military service" - Albert Einstein
quote: Original post by James Gregory
I need names for:

1. lots and lots of sorts of lasers
2. a few sorts of missiles
3. a few sorts of torpedos
4. a few sorts of countermeasures

1. Phew phew... stink.... gzzz. phew... rrrtttzzz. sssszzz. phhhtt...

2. The Tom Hanks Molasis Sock, Howard Sterns Microphone...

3. Tin Foil, Plastic, Suran Wrap, Wax Paper, Silverware, China, Platnum...

4. The teacher, the oppressor, the brick, oil (won''t sink get it)...

... .... ... zzzz
*News tagenigma.com is my new domain.
quote: Original post by tgraupmann
1. Phew phew... stink.... gzzz. phew... rrrtttzzz. sssszzz. phhhtt...

2. The Tom Hanks Molasis Sock, Howard Sterns Microphone...

3. Tin Foil, Plastic, Suran Wrap, Wax Paper, Silverware, China, Platnum...

4. The teacher, the oppressor, the brick, oil (won't sink get it)...

... .... ... zzzz

If you're going to be critique, be as harsh as you'd like. If you're going to help, help as much as you want. But if you're going to be a jackass, go away.

[edited by - orionx103 on January 14, 2004 9:05:29 PM]
quote: Original post by James Gregory
Anyone fancy suggesting a name or two or three for my game?

It is set in space, and as with all space combat games I need a big selection of weapons with silly names. Well, not intentionally silly.

I need names for:

- lots and lots of sorts of lasers
- a few sorts of missiles
- a few sorts of torpedos
- a few sorts of countermeasures

All suggestions considered.

Thanks,

James

www.hcstreet.f2s.com/galaxyhack

Sorry, but I am terrible at thinking up humerous nicknames, but I''ll give it a shot:

1. H.E.D.S. (High Energy Distortion Stream, nicknamed Burnt Bob), Emperiad 9 (Low energy expendure, sustained fire, Aka Desperate Fool), Charon 4 (High energy expendure, Infrared, called SNIPER)

2. Um, Heckfire. Handheld variation of the Hellfire missile.

3. Hyrsaw (Have you realized ships are weak? Basicly a torpedo inside a larger torperdo)

4. Asylum Screen (magnetic field generator. Named after an insane man who build it and said it would overthrow the ultimate evil, AKA asylums)
Ultimate Evil (System of nanobots who break down anything left by enemy assualts, and then reconstruct them into kamikaze drones. Named after moron who built the asylum screen)

http://www.seventhsanctum.com/gens/

that page doesnt create names i would envision in a game
My suggestion - get into the realm of ConLang-ing and you will never be short of ideas.
_______________________________________________________Many stupid things are uttered by people whose only motivation is to say something original. -Voltair
Last anonymous poster: Those were really damn good ideas. I especially love your countermeasures.

Some ideas of mine:

1) Have a laser for each color in the rainbow. Base their effectiveness on how pretty you think they are.
2) Harpoon missiles. Designed to stick into its targets before exploding.
3) Torpedoes in space? Okay... um... Rusty. Upon impact, releases a toxin that breaks down most metal materials. I''m drawing a blank.
4) Demolecularization Energy Assault Device (anti-laser device/system, aka DEAD)

--------------------------
{ Arena: Resurrection, my text-based RPG/Mortal Kombat-like game }
{ A Look Into The World Of Arena II, a collection of short stories about characters in Arena II }
--------------------------{ Arena: Resurrection, my text-based RPG/Mortal Kombat-like game }{ A Look Into The World Of Arena II, a collection of short stories about characters in Arena II }

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement