🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Here I am

Started by
11 comments, last by adventuredesign 20 years, 4 months ago
Here we go sports fans, it''s twenty minutes before the lectures begin and you gamedev special field correspondent is in position and whoa! is Stanford nice. Lots of really helpful, brainy ppl, mega babages, and, I spent hours this morning absorbing all your questions for the speakers into my mind, and in a few minutes, we''ll be ready to rock. The only downer is the parking is a $ 1.50/hr. in the meters, and yours truly has to visit the starbucks several times in a row to get enough quarters to make it through the day. Ah, what a journalist will do to get the story. Adios, adventuredesign out..

Always without desire we must be found, If its deep mystery we would sound; But if desire always within us be, Its outer fringe is all that we shall see. - The Tao

Advertisement
Well, I made it back home after an amazing day. There were over eight hours of presentations, and I am up to 3900 words first draft of the report. Most of your questions were answered by the speakers as a part of their presentations, and did not need to be directly asked.

It...was...amazing.

Addy

Always without desire we must be found, If its deep mystery we would sound; But if desire always within us be, Its outer fringe is all that we shall see. - The Tao

Hey...Is it possible that you send me what you''ve written about that conference so far? I''m a student here at Stanford, and I''m writing a paper which would greatly benefit from the material which was presented there. Let me know if you can help, I''d really appreciate it.

Thanks...

godfire at stanford dot edu
quote: Original post by Anonymous Poster
Hey...Is it possible that you send me what you''ve written about that conference so far? I''m a student here at Stanford, and I''m writing a paper which would greatly benefit from the material which was presented there. Let me know if you can help, I''d really appreciate it.

Thanks...

godfire at stanford dot edu

Sure I can, but I have to send my stuff back to the professors who made the presentations to make sure I got everything right -- it was a lot of high quality information presented in a very short period of time.

I have asked for the papers and the *.ppt presentations as well. When I get it all fact checked and stuff, then I''ll send you a copy of the article, but it is probably going to be published on the site anyway, so you just might want to wait for the printer friendly version.

I''m at 1700 words already and five pages, and I have only just covered the first of eight presentations, not including the Q & A''s. I think it''s going to be done best as a series, but I will have to wait and see what the professor decides to let me have.

Anyway, I''ll let you know.

Addy

Can you just send me what you have right now? I''m just going to use it for reference. I''m just asking because I need this stuff really soon - the paper''s due in a day or two. I''m not going to be using the stuff extensively, just more as a general idea of what went on. Think you can help me out?

Thanks...
quote: Original post by Anonymous Poster
Can you just send me what you have right now? I''m just going to use it for reference. I''m just asking because I need this stuff really soon - the paper''s due in a day or two. I''m not going to be using the stuff extensively, just more as a general idea of what went on. Think you can help me out?

Thanks...

I''ll e-mail it to ya when I get home, I can''t send e-mail from work. It will be in about two hours. It''s 9:45 p.m. here in Livermore

Addy

quote: Original post by adventuredesign
yours truly has to visit the starbucks several times in a row

And that''s a bad thing how?

Anyway, looking forward to the end result... especially what they said on the subject of my own question.

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

What conference was that exactly? I know there''s one on the 17th that I was planning to go to.

PS- yeah that campus is ridiculous
quote: Original post by pinacolada
What conference was that exactly? I know there's one on the 17th that I was planning to go to.

PS- yeah that campus is ridiculous

It was the How They Got Game lecture series. This one was on Story Engines: Storytelling and Computer Games.

Well, Instituional academics as a rule is rediculous, but this was not a bad campus compared to some of the ones I have visited.

That one on the 17th was advertised at this event, and I might go to that one as well if time permits. It's more business oriented, so I don't know much more about it than what the flyer has on it.

Addy

[edited by - adventuredesign on February 10, 2004 9:36:42 PM]

adventure, any chance I can get a copy of what you have when its finished? I am very interested to read some of the info that was passed on in the seminar. email: nahoopii@hotmail.com

If its going to be too large for my free hotmail account, please let me know, and ill forward you a different address to use.. Thanks in advance

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement