🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Concept Idea 2: BloodLions: Vampire Evolution

Started by
7 comments, last by CHASIS-BLADE 20 years, 3 months ago
Imagine an Enemy.......... Who is Unstoppable......... You cant see them........... You cant hear them......... You cant tell who they are....... They want one thing and one thing only...... BLOOD!. They are not Vampires.........But they are Vampiric They can walk with humans yet they hunt humans Sunlight, Water, Stake though the heart.....they are no longer obstacles. Gravity is no longer for them. This is the now. This is the time. This is the age of BloodLions BloodLions: Vampire Evolution (Hitman meets Legacy of Kain meets Dark Angel) Tell me what you think?
YOU BETTER TAPE THIS KIDDIES WE GOT ALL YOUR FAVORITES!
Advertisement
Honestly, it mighta been cool if you hadn''t introduced it all gay like that. And what kinda gayass game has f*cking invincable omnipotent enemies?
I''ll second that. <u>GAY</u>
I might have to agree. Are they actually invisible? I''ll tell you right now that they''d better have a big hairy weak spot I can kick, or else your game will suck.

And why call them bloodlions? I get the blood part, but why lions? Are they cats? Do they sleep a lot? If they walk with humans, is it because they look like normal people, or because they''re invisible? Damnit, man, ditch the razzle-dazzle and show us your IDEAS!!!

Here''s a real suggestion: If you want helpful comments from people around here, then build story elements and present them instead of coming up with a big song and dance trying to sell the project you haven''t even started yet.
"And what kinda gayass game has f*cking invincable omnipotent enemies? "

If you are an atheist, then the game of life does! And that''s not a half bad idea. Battle it out with the big guy game. hmm... *opens writing tablet*
atheists dont believe in god
Sorry i just put up that preveiw cause my PC was going in for upgrade.
Got it back today so i will finish it off.

They are not invisible but I thought it would be cool if i made them look like the ultimate demon that moved so fast that they were just a blur.
As for the Name BloodLions well it''s just that they are Lion in part but are also Humanoid.
They do have a weakness but that will come in time.
I will start here by posting a short prelude.

Prelude: Meal
-------------

''So i said to Gary that if you cant treat me like a real person then just F**k off!'' said the first girl as she walked with her freind down the empty high street, ''Yeah I know how gary can be after he...'' but before the other girl could finish her sentence she heard a loud swooping sound over her head and looked up to see what it was.
''Whats wrong Susan? did you hear somthin?'' said the first girl again but Susan just stood there looking to the sky until she said ''Janice....go...run away...GO!'' and with that Janice darted off down the street just as Susan asked her to but Susan was just stading there looking at the sky.
There was another swooping sound and Susan turned from the sky and looked down an alley to her left, ''Dont do this Jake! she may be human but she is still my freind!'' she shouted down the alley and then came a deep voice echoing down toward her.
''Janice is joining the SEEr''s tommorow...im sorry but she is our enemy now...you really dont have a choice.....Terry gave the command'' Jake said and her tossed Susan a peice of paper with Janice''s name on it stating she had joined the SEEr''s.
''Janice......okay lets do this thing'' Susan said and she walked down the alley into the darkness, Meanwhile Janice was about a block and a half away when she heard swooping sounds herself and she turned around to see Susn standing there looking angry.
''Janice....im sorry I should have told you sooner but...im A BloodLion...I have been for 2 Years now and since you are joining the SEEr''s tommorow....then i cannot allow you to live''.
And with that Jake pounced on Janice and started to drink her blood out of her neck and before Janice died Susan looked down at her and said ''were not angry at you....were just hungry''

About BloodLions:
Dont expect a black cape and razor fangs...this is different.
First of all they are not called Vampires but they are Vampiric.
The new generation are called BloodLions and if you ask me they are ten times more deadly that the old ones.
Why BloodLions?...well thats a good question because you see they look more or less like a humanoid Lion.
They also can change their apperance from BloodLion to Human so they can act normal and live out normal lives because the bloodthirst is not the only hunger...they have to eat too!.
The thirst is controled by a Stomach type gland near the stomach that absorbs the blood slowly into the body so they can go without blood for up to 5 days.
When they are hungry there ''Blood Gland'' give sthem the ''Pain of Thirst'' witch feels kinda warm and fuzzy with a slight pain to it.
Their mental abilites have also improved over humans - they can talk telepathicly and litraly teleport themselfs to any location in their memory - so if they see your area on TV they can hunt there the next night.
They cannot be killed by normal weapons as the skin is too thick and hard for knifes or Bullets alike.
Their hunting is quite normal - they spot a person they want to kill from rooftops then when they feel the time is right they jump down in front of the person and they scare them so that they jump back slightly, it is then that a second BloodLion nabs them from behind and brings them to the roof where they feast on them until he/she is dry.
Jumping is also enhanced - they can jump up to 50 feet in the air.
Their claws are there main weapon Becareful cause they are razor sharp and can slice through skin, bone and organ like a hot knife through butter.

Description:
Over 7 Feet tall
Heavy built Mucsle
Claws (Like Human hands with sharb black Nails)
Long hair on head (Grows at exactly 6 Inches a week!)
Hair and fuzz all over
Long Tail
Sharp Teeth (With Retractable Fangs)

To Become One:
there is only one way to become a BloodLion - First you must meet a BloodLion and tell them ''I Accept The Truth'' if it is decided then you are taken back to their hideout and take the Shareing.
The Sharing is simple - First the Human pricks His/her finger and the BloodLion does the same, They then touch each others pricked finger and the human will start to feel dizzy and then tired, The human will pass out and then He/She is taken to a empty room to recover.
Three hours later the human will Re-Emerge into the world as a new BloodLion and the others will give him the gift of a fresh body so that He/She may feed on.

To repel one:
No repelent yet but since they are almost unstoppable you may be able to defend yourself if you ''Taint'' your blood so that the taste is disgusting.

To kill one:
No method yet
YOU BETTER TAPE THIS KIDDIES WE GOT ALL YOUR FAVORITES!
The "tainting your blood" idea put me in mind of a recent Sluggy Freelance cartoon. But that''s dependent upon some substance that makes the BloodLion recoil, as silver affected that vampire.

My advice is to define such a substance, some kind of BloodLion kryptonite, and put it into the game design in a hurry. Your story makes it seem like BloodLions are normal joes, just hanging out at the malt shop and enjoying high-quality cinema. Are they organized? Do they head corporations? Do they plan to conquer the world? Do they fight with each other? Are they immortal? Are there BloodLion professors at the local university? Do they reflect in mirrors?

"Gravity is no longer for them", but they can only jump fifty feet or so. The recruitment system makes it awfully easy to become a BloodLion. Are there a bunch of SEErs that joined the BloodLions to bring them down from the inside? What the crap is a SEEr? What''s with you and acronyms? Does SEEr even stand for anything, or do you just like to capitalize things? There isn''t enough here for a helpful reply, and what little there is has some flaws.

You need to knuckle down and define these things, or else relegate them to mystery and just have BloodLions grow new superpowers when they need them, like some vampire writers invent new vampire powers when ratings dip. Above all, define a world that they live in, instead of writing in full detail about a twenty-second event in that world. You need to go about this in a systematic way.
Me thinks hes rehashing an old idea, in Blade they used this idea in number two, a super vampire which even the day-walker blade had a hard time dealing with.

It seems like you have a vampire fetish and seem to believe that if you rehash vampires into something one thousand times stronger than humans and their predecessors then thats somehow better.

Also the definite lack of weakness on this uber-vamp seems to be the worst this, story''s are always going to be bad if the conflict is totally one sided towards that of one party.
RPG: I'm going to rewrite this genre even if it kills me.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement