🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Solid Concept Design - How To ?

Started by
0 comments, last by Jamaludin 20 years, 3 months ago
Well I dont actually know how to formulate this so it makes sense but... Well im generally learning myself skinning, modelling, and a tad bit of programming on the way, been drawing since I could pick up a pencil, im not that bad but not that good either. This doesnt make sense yet but I want to ask some people already experienced with this. Here follows an explanation of what I am aiming at, excuse my vagueness : I have many ideas in my head for a game that goes the direction of a RPG/RTS/SIMULATION and even maybe want to take the concept online for a MMOG, I am at the beginning of the process because I have 100000000ends of ideas inside my head and now I want to work them out. How do I begin at this best what do I design first and where do I begin, what would be a good way to make this a steady process. Do I make environmentals first, or characters, maybe I first start with flora or fauna. I hope its a bit clearer and how do I do this do I first write it down, of draw it or do it both. This was my idea in clean words. I just want to make up a world and everything that goes with it in my concept, so the world itself, its inhabitants, its history, its them (cyperpunk, postacolyptic etc), just everything. So to put it simple how do I start this of in a decent manner ? Sorry for the long and difficult read, and I would love to hear anybodys ideas and suggestions on how to tackle this problem, thanks allot and I am hoping for alot of input, I would love to hear what everybody thinks.. THANKS !
Advertisement
Please don''t cross-post. (Anyone interested in this thread please reply to the original in the game design forum.)

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement