🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Forum Game - Vampire Dragons in Luurve

Started by
11 comments, last by sunandshadow 20 years, 3 months ago
It''s time one again for that simple social activity that always manages to hopelessly confuse everyone: TEH FORUM GAME!!! Playing on a few of the threads in the forum recently, our starter subjects will be: dragons, vampires, and love. Starter random words: tail, love bite, cold, gold, vivaceous, lisp, conspiracy, and comatose. Names: Feverith, Dorrowin, Jack, and Tootsie. How to play: I''ve explained this like six times, and it never seems to help - if you''ve never participated in a forum game before please simply search for the word "forum" and read some of the previous examples. But here goes the explanation anyway: a forum game is a social activity for the members of this forum. The idea is to cooperatively create a humorous game story/design. So the first person to go should pick two or all three of the subjects (vampire dragons? vampires in love with dragons? diseases of love (i.e. venereal diseases) turn people into vampires or dragons?) and then use some of the random words and some of their own ideas to give us a little piece of game (Once upon a time there was a dragon named Tootsie who was afraid of vampires, and this wouldn''t have been a problem except there was this vampire named Jack who fell madly in love with her...) Don''t take two turns in a row, don''t do anything that conflicts with what other players have already done, do be silly, creative, and cooperative. Okay? Go!

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

Advertisement
The skies were overcast with a rhythmic undercurrent to the clouds. The trees stood at attention to the winds, their leaves glazing into hues of pale orange and winter-cold gold, the first stanza in a requiem for summer. The harvest season was beginning in Luurve, we all were naive and could only begin to understand what it would bring.

[edited by - Run_The_Shadows on March 18, 2004 12:57:32 AM]
Luurve is a place? That''s fun.

Okay, so it was the beginning of the harvest season and everyone was naive because Luurve''s culture was on a level with that of 14th century europe. Hardly anybody could read and write, and society only approved of people who were good warriors (jocks! )

Now, the vampires liked harvest time because extra fieldhands were always needed - the vampires could work the fields at night and take part of their pay in blood tithe.

Did we say everyone was naive? Well there was one dragon who had rather rudely been made to learn some harsh truths about the world. Feverith was the Dragon Nobody Liked. She didn''t like brave warriors, so the other girl dragons thought she was wierd. She was smart, so she sometimes said things that the other dragons didn''t understand, which made them suspicious of her and angry because not understanding made them feel inferior. And she had a lisp, so they made fun of her by calling her "Feverith" even though her name was really "Feverish". So anyway all the other dragons were mean to Feverith and she in turn was mean back to them, so she was always lonely and angry.

So... what cool things might drinking dragon blood do to a vampire?

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

Long ago in Luurve there where a group of men who lusted for gold this lust drove them to steal from and murder their neighbors. Until a gypsies curse finally punished them for their crimes, the curse caused their tongues to become forked the blood to turn cold and scales to grow on parts of their bodies, on some in more embarrassing places then others. But that was 300 years ago and now their decedents live across Luurve and are known as dragons.

Now, Tootsie was typical young lass except for the unfortunate case of VD(vampire disease) she picked up from a farm hand last harvest season. Since her parents still believed she was virtuous and moral girl,so she had been keeping this personal problem from them. But word had started to spread about it in some of the less reputable taverns, which was seriously cramping her social life. So she decided that the only thing to do was to make herself feel better by doing something nasty to someone else and noticing a rather lonely female dragon with a lisp across the town square she decided she had found her new "friend".

-----------------------------------------------------
Writer, Programer, Cook, I'm a Jack of all Trades
Current Design project
Chaos Factor Design Document

[edited by - TechnoGoth on March 19, 2004 10:21:53 AM]
I''m inclined to make this a vampire-dragon hentai story. I''ll go with my better judgement and I''ll not do it, but it could be set up for one.
quote: Original post by orionx103
I''m inclined to make this a vampire-dragon hentai story. I''ll go with my better judgement and I''ll not do it, but it could be set up for one.

Tell you what, why don''t you see how the game progresses - they never last very long - and when it''s been dead for a little while you can revive it by adding the hentai aspect and maybe we''ll get a little more fun out of it.

I''d like to contribute... but I''m already confused.
---------------------------Brian Lacy"I create. Therefore I am."
Soon, after Favarith and Tootsie (unfortunately now known as Toothie to many of the tavern-goers as a result of her new friendship - I won''t bother repeating the jokes about the ''vivacious love bites''; there were far too many references to a creature known only as llama.cx). Now, it should not be forgotten that all the love Favarith had felt during her life were utter losses (the bastards just laughed) because of her lisp. Tootsie seemed to be filling that gap in her life with a wonderful friendship... and her connections with the nearby vampire town of Conspiracy (vampires chose to name their towns according to the habits of its inhabitants).

One day, a vampire named "Jack" came into Luurve, changing the naive Luurvites forever...
gsgraham.comSo, no, zebras are not causing hurricanes.
quote: Original post by irbrian
I''d like to contribute... but I''m already confused.

Just continue the story! Be funny and silly and write about vampires, dragons, and the love of a puppy! -- or, to utilize some of the starter words: a cold, gold, comatose puppy (who suffers from VD, even though he is *not* a dragon. or is he?).

_GEo.
gsgraham.comSo, no, zebras are not causing hurricanes.
Okay, first time playing the game, so here goes....

Jack did not fear the Luurvrites, because his disguise was perfect. He strode confidently to the town''s market square, and being a very vivacious vampire, began shouting at the top of his lungs. "People of Luurve, come one come all, for here in my hand," he paused for effect, pulling out a small vial from behind his back. "Here in my hand I hold the cure for Vampire Disease!". It was then that he saw the young vampire walking with a rather out of place dragon, at the same time the young vampire looked his way...

okay so Jack''s disguise is open to interpretation and apparently vampires can tell if someone has vampire disease

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement