🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

The AI Love Story

Started by
13 comments, last by Genjix 19 years, 6 months ago

Sick of todays game plots
The AI Love Story

We've been developing the game to this plot (mostly the engine at the moment) and are now looking for people of aspiration who could offer services (2D artists,programmers,program and game designers,writers). If you want to help please contact me at genjix@gmail.com

I have an (unfinished - not enough time) website here, where you can download a demo demonstrating event subsystem, sprites ... blaa blaa

The thing is we have a 'basic' game engine (which im trying to extend upon), but no data files.

Thanks.

PS sorry for posting here but it seemed logical as this is where the main part of the project originated.

[Edited by - Genjix on January 9, 2005 6:52:24 PM]
Advertisement
Can't access the site using Firefox. Browser problem or bandwidth problem?
ok, problem is corrected now :D
The sourceforge project link on your website is invalid.

dont get enough time to do these things let alone check them :@

thanks.

ive also uploaded the story now written by boolean (hope you dont mind)

[Edited by - Genjix on December 28, 2004 10:15:32 AM]
Wow, the site looks fricken sweet now. Who made it?
i did. and now coders have left, and i have no artists, but its all good because code is well nice and tight in new version and the xml structure is well easy to create levels with (you can even include others so you can split a level up into sections). im not going to bother this time scrounging for other coders, im just going to develop it solo for next 6 months, and if anyone wants to join or help they can. ill pm/email you when its done and we can chat (+ plus ill keep posting here with updates).
Quote: Original post by Genjix
ive also uploaded the story now written by boolean (hope you dont mind)

EEP [embarrass]

Nah, that's cool. Just a bit strange having my story up there for everyone to see.

Quote: Original post by Genjix
ill pm/email you when its done and we can chat (+ plus ill keep posting here with updates).

Awesome.

Sorry about not sending you any work in AGES. I got distracted with a sideproject (ie. the comic, which oddly enough I started to fill in the time between sending you updates). I figured that you would have enough story to get an idea of the direction of the game.
dont worry its all good, the basic engine is all there, all i need is data files. so im going to basically just clean everything up, tie loose ends (i.e porting it to proper GNU OOP method) and THEN concentrate on making tutorials, find artists .etc .etc

in case your interested you can create and delete objects in this sort of manner
<Objects>	<Delete name="Amir" />	<Delete name="ALL" />	<New src="characters/animals/dinosaur.xml" name="Jimmy" />	<New src="objects/scene/tree.xml" name="Tree" /></Objects>

:P
Just a note. I think there's a manga (graphic novel) called A.I. Love. and it's about this nerdy guy who programs human AI's and one day something happens and his AI's become real people.

But you should just ignore me. =)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement