🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

The newest and HOTTEST 3D Engine!

Started by
18 comments, last by komi 24 years ago
Anything above 70 or 80fps is utterly useless, as your monitor isn't capable of refreshing that fast.
Advertisement
How many times have people asked me that? Well, here's something to think about...

Uh... let's say that our engine ran at 250fps. And another engine ran 90fps. To the 90 engine, we added some moving objects, buildings, ect. An the FPS rate went down to about 75. Now you can gradually see a difference in speed with your eye. Let's say we do the same thing with our engine, and it goes down to 235fps. You couldn't notice a difference because it hasn't gone down below your screen monitor rate. So we could still ADD more with our engine, without the public noticing a difference in speed, while if we kept adding more to our 90 engine, the more you add, the slower the game,and thus wise the public sees the difference. Hope that helped.

------------------
-komi

http://matrix3d.cjb.net

wow great webpage. Not only do you NOT provide a way to skip your flashy intro, but once you get past it, all that comes up is an add banner. Whoopee! Way to impress us all!
Throwing out frame rates for an engine is essentially meaningly unless we know the context in which the test was run. I downloaded the demo and I saw 5 texture mapped cubes, 4 of them rotating at over 300 fps. But this is processing a meager 30 quads or perhaps 60 triangles.

You really need to create a complex scene for a demo which really pushes your engine to its limits to impress people, not by showing something that resembles an OpenGL tutorial program. I suggest building a mini-game of some sort where the player can at least walk around the environment because unless the developers of an engine are using it to build a game people will always be suspect of its quality and no one wants to invest a lot of time/money into an untested technology.

Tried to go to your site, only saw an annoying Flash intro followed by a banner. Maybe the banner runs at 300fps?
Ahhh
I hate flash

It doesnt let you skip the pointless animations and get the data.

I recommend an HTML & Flash version...

Last count my engine got 900fps. If I try to do more than one triangle it goes down though

I get 2000 fps on my first demo! Yeah, that's right, the whole thing takes .0005 seconds per frame! However, it has a, although I might say very nice, black screen

I HATE stupid plugs like this! This belongs in a special forum called "Trash Bin" because not only is this an "Your Announcement" but its a stinky one.

- Splat

I home you thanked Jeff Molofee(NeHe) for the source code to your engine, now that was tutorial 7 right?

Nice try,
Nomad

OMG! Priceless!

"Matrix 3D is a poweful commercial engine, used to create high quality games. The engine is under design by Joe, and Eric. The engine will be sold to separte commercial companies interested in buying Matrix 3D"

(note, I made no typos in that)

Funny, I've never seen a game made with Matrix 3D, and the website certainly doesn't list any. But I am impressed, because I've seen "Joe"'s and "Eric"'s before - they are high profile developers < /sarcasm >

I wish I knew what "separte" is because I'm sure its crucial to understanding this paragraph.

Oh yeah, after "you are being exited from Matrix 3D" and I stopped laughing, it took me right back in! Gees, I guess they can't afford to let people be "exited" in peace...

< /senseless beating of poor game engine developers >

- Splat

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement