Try my bi-plane fighting game (1-2players)

Started by
11 comments, last by skelman 23 years, 6 months ago
Hello all, I've just released a freeware bi-plane fighting game. It's very similar to the Intellivision's Triple Action biplane part. I think its alot of fun and I'd like to hear some feedback from anyone who wants to get it. The direct link to download it is here: http://www.skelman.com/files/bskies.zip You can play the computer or play against another friend on the same machine. Let me know what you think, please try it out! here's a screenshot: -skeLman Edited by - skelman on January 31, 2001 11:20:26 PM
Advertisement
Wow, that''s pretty cool. I''ve never played a game like it, but it''s pretty addicting. Good job!
Peon
Hey thanks...

Also I just wanted to re-post since I''ve added a computer player. Now you can play against the computer with 3 different levels of difficulty. I think the game is alot of fun and I''d like to hear more feedback too. I think i''ll change my old message topic so it doesnt just say 2 players.. =O

-skeLman

:D

Skelman Software
After playing some more, I found it''s even better than I thought! The movement is really clean and it has a nice pace. The only thing I don''t like is the lack of customizable controls; they''re kinda bunched up. The only suggestion I''d make is to add different weapon types... You know: cannons, missiles, etc... Maybe buy them after a certain number of kills? Maybe some plane variations, but other than that, it''s an awesome game. The AI is pretty good too, even on easy

What language is it programmed in? I seriously want to program a game like that once I get good enough

Awesome job, thanks!

Peon
Peon
heh.. Yes i should''ve added customizable controls, but I''m just a lazy basterd sometimes. I wanted to kinda keep it simple and get it out there for people to see, and then maybe add some new features. Right now I like the game how it is, but I''m still adding some more options, and want to release another version.

I made it in C++ in Visual Studio using the directX 8 SDK. And a funny thing, this is the first time I''ve ever used sin or arcsin for anything outside of school =). I used them for the plane movement, and the AI for locating where u are relative to it.

Thanks for the feedback, no one else wants to try my game though :/

Skelman Software
Downloaded the game and it simply wouldn''t run.
I''ve clicked on the exe, a black screen appears for 1 second, the mouse cursor is positioned somewhere on the center of the screen and the program exits.
The Department of Next Life - Get your Next-Life Insurance here!
did u extract the zip file with directories included? There should be a gfx/ and sounds/ directory, if there is not..reunzip it. If there is, and it''s still not working, perhaps you dont have the latest directX drivers or your card doesnt support 640x480x16 (odd..).

Thats all i can think of, let me know if u still cant get it to work...no one else has had any problems..

-skeLman

Skelman Software
Same thing happened to me. (Didn''t work.)

However, I purposely have not installed DirectX 8 so I am assuming that why it doesn''t. (Skelmans page say his games uses the latest drivers.)

If I ever decide to download DirectX 8 drivers, the game is on my harddrive waiting to play; however, DirectX 8 is the least of my concerns right now. After DX3, the motives of DX have been more and more suspicious.

.travois.
Rockin!

There was an Intellivision or Atari 2600 game that looked like this. WTF was it?

A couple of us just played for about 20 minutes.
It was an Intellivision game, Triple Action. There were tanks, cars, and biplanes in that game. Thats where my inspiration for Burning Skies came....it was probably my favorite Intellivision game :D

btw, I''m not sure if you _need_ dx8, but I think you need at least dx5 or 6 to play it.

-skeLman

Skelman Software

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement