🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Help with <conio.h>'s clrscr();

Started by
19 comments, last by Anonymous Programmer 22 years, 9 months ago
Win32 Console App != DOS.

~~~~~~~~~~
Martee
ReactOS - an Open-source operating system compatible with Windows NT apps and drivers
Advertisement
If you''re working in MSVC++:

System("cls");

should work. If that doesn''t work
capitalize CLS. I was convinced it didn''t
exist until I stumbled across it in the
MSVC++ documentation.

-Tim
The probles is that u dons''t have to do a win32 console aplication, or neither a project. try to go to the ide and new, then put c++ file. after u done with the coding compile it and it will run dos ! did u ever try that ?

"The shortcut is not always the best way " ][v][etal ''][''yphoon

Metal Typhoon
Allow me to repeat myself: Console != DOS.
MSVC cannot produce DOS executables. Just because the app comes up in a black text-mode window doesn''t mean it''s a DOS app.

~~~~~~~~~~
Martee
ReactOS - an Open-source operating system compatible with Windows NT apps and drivers
I repeat:

system("cls");
hummmmmm.. after u execute your file the folder that hold it has an exe file hum... that that work for u ?

Metal Typhoon
MSVC (newer versions, like 6 at least) cannot compile DOS applications. A DOS application is a 16 bit program. A Win32 Console application is a 32 bit program. It runs in a Console window (often erroneously called a DOS-box/DOS-window). A Console application can use all the same Win32 API functions as a windowed app (eg. a Console app can open windows and stuff. In addition; a windowed app can open a console if it wants to).

Edited by - Dactylos on September 18, 2001 12:49:13 AM
quote: Original post by Metal Typhoon
The probles is that u dons''t have to do a win32 console aplication, or neither a project. try to go to the ide and new, then put c++ file. after u done with the coding compile it and it will run dos ! did u ever try that ?

You don''t get it, do you? Okay, I''ll type this slowly :
T H A T   I S   N O T   D O S .T H A T   I S   T H E   W I N D O W S   C O N S O L E . 

If it was actually DOS, you''d have a full screen, no menubars and 80x25 text, among other things. Know the difference.
Thank''s now i have the right explanation, and thank you again for correcting me, that''s why we r all here, all to learn

Metal Typhoon
Once again.

begin point.

Who gives two shits whether it''s dos or windows.
You guys are all missing the point.
to clear the damn screen:
system("cls");

end point.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement