🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

After Sams

Started by
16 comments, last by IRDumb 22 years, 8 months ago
Guess we have something in common. I''m 14 next month.
Advertisement
If your want to do windows programming this site http://www.winprog.org/ has some good tutorials on it
I'' 14 in May long way off

I''ll look into those windows tutorials.
Try Programming Windows Fifth Edition by Charles Petzold from Microsoft Press. All examples are in C, but it offers a wealth of information on how windows programs work. Check out the reviews at www.amazon.com for further info!
That''s a great book, Programming Windows. I admit that I don''t own the book but a friend of mine let me borrow it and its really good.
A great book, and I mean a GREAT book is Tricks of the Windows Game Programming Gurus. I am a C++ programmer and this book is mainly written with C examples. I thought this would be hard to follow but I have not had any problems yet.

I have the Isometric book and it is not something you should get yet. TWFPG explains thouroughly about how to program in windows, using the GDI and then introduces you to DirectX.

If you do not get it now, you might want to have it later.
My advice for anyone beginning. Especially those who are young(like myslef).

Think small and work slowly. I am impatient and love gettng stuff together as fast as possible.. You can make pong like that. You can''t make Quake 4 like that. Be dilligent and methodical and try to understand the whole picture before moving on to the next frame.

To Thine own self be true

No day but Today
To Thine own self be trueNo day but Today
Hey how about if your already 21? Is that already too old for a person just beginning to study programming?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement