🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Graphics

Started by
3 comments, last by pizza box 22 years, 8 months ago
I tried learning windows programming, but before I do that I want to make a game in DOS. I understand most of C/C++( a few things I need more work on) and I can make some text-based games, but how do I implement graphics into them?
Advertisement
The easiest way to accomplish that is to use Allegro. C and C++ have no built-in graphics functions.

Edited by - Martee on October 27, 2001 6:39:09 PM
ReactOS - an Open-source operating system compatible with Windows NT apps and drivers
I recomend that you learn the VGA and the VESA things because they can be very useful. there is a good tutorial about vga at www.brackeen.com and learn VESA after that.
Uh... use borland''s "graphic.h" functions. It''s very easy to create graphics on it, though you can''t use it anymore when you program on windows.
If you have borland turbo c, then use the "graphic.h" functions. It''s very easy to create graphics on it, though you can''t use it anymore when you program on windows.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement