🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Promotional texts for my game

Started by
10 comments, last by Acharis 9 years, 2 months ago

Pocket Space Empire

Change the title. It sounds like a casual, mobile game which could be played by your grandma. If your target audience is more like the strategy nerd, due to the complex mechanism, then change the title to something more seriously.

since many stuff was cut down or replaced with simplier versions.

Be careful, although you removed a lot of stuff, it could be still a very complex game. If you analyse existing games, you often see a very low level of game mechanism.

What is your target audience, a casual player or niche player who seeks some new interesting niche game ?

lightweight, fastpaced, no micromanagement, epic scale, turn based, space empire builder

lightweight vs epic scale ?

fastpaced vs turn based ?

Is it really lightweight and fastpaced ? As developer you often loose the abiltiy to evaluate your own game, what seems simple and fast paces for the 'all-knowning' developer could be a very hard, tough,complex and slow game for a player. Let other play your game first, let them evaluate it.

Advertisement

A lot of good points Ashaman73.

Yeah, it will be complex :) All my games end up complex :D That's one of the reasons why I went for *Pocket* Space Empire, it makes me remind "do not implement this super comlex thing, you are making a POCKET space empire, not Ultimate space empire" :D Kind of works :)

So, I think I will drop the simple and lightweighted parts (epic scale is better :D).

Still, I would like to keep the fastpaced I suppose... It's kind of true, the game won't take like 12 hours to finish. Battles will be quick, management of 100 planets will be done swiftly. Yeah, the game could be described as fastpaced at least partially.

BTW, I have written down my core design goals (fanally :D):

http://silverlemur.tumblr.com/post/116540526046/core-design-goals

I'm thinking of using these 3 as the marketing pitch...

1) Feel like the Emperor, not like a logistics officer
2) Fast paced, no micromanagement yet an epic scale
3) Asymmetic gameplay, truly alien aliens and challenging non cheating AI

Stellar Monarch (4X, turn based, released): GDN forum topic - Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement