🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Any good VB sites out there

Started by
5 comments, last by Spearhawk 22 years, 7 months ago
Ya I know. VB isn''t exactly the best language/program to use but I''m stuck with it at school so I might just as well learn to use it well. So do anyone know of any good VB sites out there? Doesn''t necessarily have to be about making games, it''d a plus but not necessary.
Advertisement
Try www.planetsourcecode.com for plain old VB programming, otherwise goto www.truevision3dsdk.com or www.revolution3d.de for 3D graphics in VB (with high framerates).
---2x John Carmack
I''m not really a VB Coder by any means, but I did come across this site with a huge number of Tutorials all concerning VB.

Great intro to DirectX. Actually I got the link to it from the Articles section here at GameDev.
Here''s a more advanced one...

The Scarms - for using Win32 API

Invader X
Invader''s Realm
This one: www.rookscape.com/vbgaming/ - game programming, quite a few tutorials and lively message board.

And this one: voodoovb.dnsalias.net/. Some tutorials, and the message board is good, a bit more advanced than the other website so if you are learning, ask questions there probably. (Also, due to some server problems, this site isn't having much traffic as the current url is only temporary)

Edit: Forgot the https in the links

Trying is the first step towards failure.

Edited by - ragonastick on November 24, 2001 12:22:29 AM
Trying is the first step towards failure.
MSDN is also a good resource. It contains a lot of source code, and the internet version at msdn.microsoft.com features a number of extras and you can get the VB version of DirectX there if you have''nt already.
quote: Original post by MadHeater
MSDN is also a good resource. It contains a lot of source code, and the internet version at msdn.microsoft.com features a number of extras and you can get the VB version of DirectX there if you have''nt already.

VBExplorer is a good one. There are several others. I''d have to wait until I got home to check my bookmarks.

BeS
It''s Da BOMB Baby!!!
. o O ~
A little nonsense now and then,
is relished by the wisest men
~ O o .
-- Willy Wonka
BeSIt's Da BOMB Baby!!!. o O ~ A little nonsense now and then,is relished by the wisest men~ O o .-- Willy Wonka

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement