Advertisement

WoA V - The Competition Thread

Started by August 07, 2017 04:00 AM
169 comments, last by zeldax 7 years ago

My first update, with progress and a rundown of the vision for the game.

[twitter]Casey_Hardman[/twitter]

update for day 4:

Advertisement

Sketch Week of Awesome Official 1st Blog Entry:

Ok I'm done for the day, almost pulled what little hair I do have out trying to get mecanim generic and mecanim humanoid animations to work properly. Managed to get a menu, and swap out the player character on the unity store asset template i'm using. Added a mini map, and need to swap out the enemies, health pick ups, and figure out some levels. Have 2 pics, will try to have some vids tmr. Keep up the great work everyone!

test menu 8-10-17.jpg

test screen 8-10-17.jpg

I see alot of progress from everyone, most of the ideas looks promising, keep going y'all.

Here's today report

Alright I'm signing off for day 4.

I've pretty much reached a point where it's minimally playable:

image.thumb.png.ee3cb86df0de85eeffe17a7e2ad82681.png

My focus today was on the graphical elements and my liquid rendering got a few more tweaks (again?!).  It's not hard to craft levels where the fluids stress my CPU, so I need to do some performance testing on some of my low-powered laptops to make sure it doesn't lag.

Tomorrow hopefully I'll put some soundFX and music in! There's probably a few more gameplay elements I'd like to add if there's time but the UI (of lack it) needs attention next of all; I need to drive the story with dialog and explain how to play, etc.

I've been doing my best to keep up-to-date with peoples' blog posts too and it looks like things are coming together for a number of you now. We're half-way through the week now: Keep the great work rolling! :D

Day 4!

GameDev.net blog entry:

The version thereof on my personal site:

http://thaumaturge-art.com/index.php?/archives/96-Week-of-Awesome-V-Day-4-Strange-Crystals.html

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

My Twitter Account: @EbornIan

Advertisement

Journal entry time. And I actually get a more reasonable amount of sleep tonight.

Well, as I feared I haven't really had any free time. I've managed to make a couple more castle-ish models, but that's pretty much it. As before, everyone is free to use these in their own games as well.

castlestuff.jpg

castle_models.fbx

-~-The Cow of Darkness-~-
Just now, cowsarenotevil said:

Well, as I feared I haven't really had any free time. I've managed to make a couple more castle-ish models, but that's pretty much it. As before, everyone is free to use these in their own games as well.

castlestuff.jpg

castle_models.fbx

Those are some good looking models!

Never say Never, Because Never comes too soon. - ryan20fun

Disclaimer: Each post of mine is intended as an attempt of helping and/or bringing some meaningfull insight to the topic at hand. Due to my nature, my good intentions will not always be plainly visible. I apologise in advance and assure you I mean no harm and do not intend to insult anyone.

Thanks! Now I just need to make the rest of the art, and then also start making a game, and then before I know it, my game will be done! You know, or something like that.

-~-The Cow of Darkness-~-

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement