🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Anyone interested in Music/theory/composition classes?

Started by
0 comments, last by essencescape 4 years, 11 months ago

Greetings, gamedev!! I'm currently finishing my music edu major and starting to plan online blog (game design, music and well being) and formal music classes if anyone is interested.

This classes will be particularly good if you just started playing an instrument or been playing for a while but want to get a bit more indepth with all that music theory, reading and composing.

We can set specific topics, schedules and exercises depending on your interests and skill level. Or if you simply want to learn to practice more efficiently and get the most/connecting with your instrument.

Supplementary material such as pdfs, recordings, exercises, etc will be provided working toward specific goals of the student. Also giving saxophone lessons!

And of course, can guide you through producing soundtracks in music sequencing software such as FL or LMMS!!

If anyone is interested or have any questions, you can reach me on discord: essencescape#1577

A little about my background:

Over 8 years of formal music studies, 4 years of formal jazz studies (improv, performance, transcribing, etc). I play tenor, alto and bari sax; have performed in numerous bands, including a local jazz fest. Recently had the great privilege to play at Carnegie Hall with Interamerican University of PR's concert band.  

Been developing game prototypes and composing videogame music since high school and have a big passion for music, the world of sound and the inner connection of practice.

I attached to the thread the sheet for a string quartet i started writing early this year and practice exercises for jazz improv basics (in spanish, written for my personal students).

string quartert WIP .pdf

Jazz Basics.pdf

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement