🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Visual Studio DirectX issue

Started by
11 comments, last by yaboiryan 4 years, 2 months ago

@Endurion Ah right right. That makes sense…

Advertisement

@Endurion Ok so I discovered that while singleplayer has all of the map objects and stuff that the game needs, the Multiplayer class is not getting any of the values it needs for the objects vector variable.

Now that I understand why the game crashes, all I have to do now is figure out why none of the values are being sent to the Multiplayer class. I created a class for my main file, which has the terrain defined and used, but even then, the objects variable is still null. I might try to call the Initialize function from my main class to see if it works.

Edit:

I created an empty object file that had a value and substituted it, and I didn't get the error at that line, but I was just getting a new nullptr error on a texture for some reason.

Sometimes, I think that C++ lies to me and tells me that everything is OK while, in reality, nothing is fine.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement