🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Handling "float" in in generic memory (blob)

Started by
20 comments, last by Juliean 3 years, 1 month ago

SyncViews said:
Well all of this was talking about debug. In release if it doesn't inline smaller templates and other wrapper functions something is up, normally I managed to get it to do so and once inlined it ends up almost the same as if the logic was their directly.

Yeah, I'm also still mostly talking about debug. In release, absolutely true, it should inline pretty much every small function. Unfortunately without link-time generation it doesn't seem to be able to inline functions where the definition is hidden in a cpp-file (which actually makes sense), whIch i think you were talking about:

SyncViews said:
So using macros should just be to potentially make a debug build more usable if don't want to mix flags on compilation units or need some header-only stuff to be fast.

I mean, thats a different topic on its own. I should be able to manually inline verything that matters, and otherwise rely on LTO.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement