🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Can we use gravity without rigid body

Started by
4 comments, last by shravab0 2 years, 2 months ago

So guys recently i had an interview, in which the interviewer asked me a question.

Question was can we access gravity without using rigid body component on cube. I'm begginer so this got me confused.

Advertisement

It would help if you specified which context. Is this in a particular game engine, library, or API?

enum Bool { True, False, FileNotFound };

It's a good question for beginners, I think. I like questions with an “it depends” answer, since it forces people to explain more of what they know.

If you're using an engine like Unity or Unreal, understanding how their physics system works is pretty important.

Rather than answering it directly, I suggest you search the docs on the engines and libraries specifically. You'll probably learn a lot more that way.

@hplus0603 Unity3D

@frob I thought rigid bodies usually controls the physics of the game objects. I did go through the docs for the above question and I wasn't able to find answers. I will do research on the topic. thank you for the advice.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement