🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

The Short Snow (my first pc game on steam)

Started by
2 comments, last by theshortsnow 6 days, 13 hours ago

I spent 2+ years and all my personal savings making this game (alone). I love survival games, but i also like cooking.. so how about survival game with realistic cooking & eating animations?

Steam: The Short Snow https://store.steampowered.com/app/3054440/The_Short_Snow/

I will read and reply all of your thoughts about my game. I am really excited to get your feedbacks.

The main purpose of this post is to get your thoughts about the survival game, What would you like to see on a survival game, that you never saw on other survival games?

Thanks

Sincerelly

Advertisement

I'm an avid player of The Long Dark and other survival games (e.g. Green Hell). How is this game different than The Long Dark? The setting, and even the name, seems very similar (in fact before I read the thread just the title made me think of The Long Dark). There is also the game “Northern Lights” which is also very similar. You will need to differentiate your game in some way from these, since it looks like a copy.

I'd be glad to see an alternative, if it's any good. The Long Dark has progressed in development at a snail's pace, and I find the gameplay to be very simplistic and unrealistic in some ways. I'd like to see more realism in survival games, particularly more complex mechanics around health/afflictions, temperature, wildlife behavior. Less “gamey” mechanics.

Personally I'm making a sci-fi themed survival game with realistic-scaled procedural planets, but will be a few more years at least to have something playable.

Thank you @Aressera so much for your feedback, This game will be different than the long dark, It is more realistic as a cooking animations, eating, more complex mechanics around health/afflictions, temperature, wildlife behavior and etc.. Also storyline

Best Wishes

Advertisement