🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

gETTInG n th3 mooooooooooood

Started by
7 comments, last by Some Guy 22 years, 2 months ago
If the title seems annoying, well, you might be English. Anyway, I''m seriously being creative right now, and I need to get in the mood to do what I call a ''writing boom'' for my game. It''s a swordfighting game with a SciFi them about a mercenary suffering amnesia, but he might actually be a kind of underground superhero in his home city. So, what do you do to get _really_ creative, so you can hit that next big "boom." (If you don''t know what I''m talking about, you''ve never had one. It''s where you really feel creative, and you write and map and doodle and design and whatever, every last detail that comes to mind on the subject-- of which there will surely be thousands.) I''m kind of inspired by Star Wars, Spiderman, and really cool heavy metal music right now. In fact, I''m feeling the pulse right now. Tonight will be spent with a pen and paper.
Advertisement
Yeah, I get inspired by movies or books sometimes, recently also by mangas (try http://www.toriyamaworld.com)... and then put on a CD that''s good all the way through and just go with it.
WNDCLASSEX Reality;......Reality.lpfnWndProc=ComputerGames;......RegisterClassEx(&Reality);Unable to register Reality...what's wrong?---------Dan Uptonhttp://0to1.orghttp://www20.brinkster.com/draqza
"The world is a vampire
D''spite all my rage I still just rattle the cage
D''spite all my rage I still just rattle the CAAAAAAAGE!!!!"

Ahhh, Smashing Pumpkins...

Anyway, I don''t have anything to say, really... I just wanted to do that. =P =d =D
Mr. Bungle does it for me lately.
It can be any number of things really... good music.. good books.. good movies.

But me, I get most inspired by observing people... especially everyday normal people.
''cause they often do weird stuff for which I can''t seem to figure out the reasoning.

When I have thoughts like that it often starts of this rollercoaster of weird lateral thought
Mr. Bungle is great. I don''t know what puts me in a creative mood. They seem to come and go at rather random intervals. However, they almost always happen around midnight. Perhaps I should pay more attention?
quote: Original post by Some Guy
"The world is a vampire
D''spite all my rage I still just rattle the CAAAAAAAGE!!!!"

Ahhh, Smashing Pumpkins...

Anyway, I don''t have anything to say, really... I just wanted to do that. =P =d =D

it might help to quote the song properly if you''re gonna quote it

''despite all my rage i am still just a rat in a cage''

-eldee
;another space monkey;
[ Forced Evolution Studios ]

::evolve::

-eldee;another space monkey;[ Forced Evolution Studios ]
Oops.
AFAICT, it''s random with me. Music doesn''t help. Reading helps a little bit, but only if I only need to make a new idea, not find something cool to do about a story I already have.(I have a bunch of one-two page unfinished stories laying around) Sometimes I just hit a slump and it never comes, sometimes I''m on fire and a boom will last for a week. It seems to be completely random.

Oh, but lack of sleep is a surefire way to kill my creativity.
---New infokeeps brain running;must gas up!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement