🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Need ideas for a space shooter

Started by
9 comments, last by Maverick the divider 22 years, 1 month ago
Maybe anyone has any ideas on a space shooter they would like to play (with details)? For example, we have ideas on the good old fly-and-shoot-em-up type, or an asteroids clone only with enemies and more action. Maybe with comedy-ships or smth. Thanks --- Keep it simple, stupid
---Quite soon...ICQ: 163187735
Advertisement
What are you looking for, a design or a storyline?

Superpig
- saving pigs from untimely fates
- sleeps in a ham-mock at www.thebinaryrefinery.cjb.net

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

I liked the Sinistar style myself, with a large playfield and maybe asteroids to destroy that give powerups (shields, weapons, guided missiles, etc.) An addictive 2D style instead of 3D.

That''s all the detail I have at this time.
It's not what you're taught, it's what you learn.
Oh, i ment the design - the gameplay.
(More ideas welcome )

---
Keep it simple, stupid
(Ah - then you might have been better off in the ''Game Design'' forum. Oh well.)

Um.. Planet protection? You''re up in a small ship, trying to destroy the hordes of alien dropships before they enter the atmosphere - and the aliens are sending out fighters to try and take you out. After clearing a ''sector'' you get to attack the ''mothership'' for that sector, where all the smaller ships have been coming from. Then you move onto the next sector.

It''d make a great co-op game, too.

Superpig
- saving pigs from untimely fates
- sleeps in a ham-mock at www.thebinaryrefinery.cjb.net

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

Dropships. Nice idea...

thanx

---
Keep it simple, stupid
have you ever thought about thinking out of the box first?

Rather, decide yourself. But, for the first time here are some ideas I've just made up that I think are spiffy...

A.) You're a space sculpturer who has been sent on a mission to create the most wonderous statue of your lord and most high. The only problem is is that he sends you to a planet that has peaceful inhabitants. Your mission was to sculpt this whole planet to make it look like your lords ugly face. Instead, you try to help the people there...only problem is is that there are other sculturist there on contract waiting to help you and they will stop at nothing to get their money first before you do. You must stop them and save the planet from the evil artist and your lord...

That was just my first idea...but its a good example of what I was talking about...

-Mac

[edited by - MicroMac on May 25, 2002 1:08:20 AM]
"I''ve said what I''ve said, now get over it..."
Ahhahahahhhahahhaahahahaaa
Sculpting...like ice statues right... :] lol

---
Keep it simple, stupid
I don''t know about you, but it sounds fun to me. At least it''s out of the box.

Kind of have to go there, man. I remember a company hitting it off by selling the people a game based around skating gangs who graffiti walls for a living...

-Mac
"I''ve said what I''ve said, now get over it..."

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement