🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

A writing community?

Started by
5 comments, last by Drizzt DoUrden 22 years ago
I''ve been looking around the internet lately for a well known place to post my poems or read other peoples poems, short stories, etc, and I have to say I am not pleased with the results. Especially considering I was looking for mainly fantasy/adventure fiction. You would think there would be tons of amatuer writing web pages... Well anyway, I haven''t found any. I''m just wondering if any members frequenting this board know of a few? Or just one large community just for writers, where you can chat with authors, amatuers - anyone interested in writing. ------------------------------ Have a r0xx0r 1337 day plx!
------------------------------Put THAT in your smoke and pipe it
Advertisement
well if you''re looking to submit stories and poems there are some netzines out there that do it. just go to dogpile.com or something and look for fantasy fiction online magazine or something (be careful if you''re under 18 as I"m sure a few "grown up" results will be mixed in there).

As for learning more about writing and having an online communitry for writing there''s always Writer''s Village University. they have online courses (pretty good ones too) on all kinds of different types of writing as well as forums and community of writers. it''s not free and costs about $50 a year but pretty well worth it if love to write and want to improve your writing.
{holds up cardboard sign}"Will Code for Food"
www.fanfiction.net has categories where you can post original poetry and fiction, as well as fanfiction. But if you''re looking for detailed comments you pretty much have to join a writing circle, be it online or in rl. And unfortunately I haven''t found any web pages designed to help people get together into writing circles online. Anyone who volunteered to set up such a webpage would help a lot of people... (hint hint, forum readers)

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

There are plenty out there... lots and lots in fact. Try starting here, there are plenty of links to get you started.

http://www.ralan.com/wrtlink/index.htm
Hmmm I wonder why none of them came up in any search engines I looked in...

These should be helpful. Thanks!

------------------------------
Have a r0xx0r 1337 day plx!
------------------------------Put THAT in your smoke and pipe it
Not really a writing community, but a community-based text game system...

www.skotos.net
_________________________The Idea Foundry
You can join an online writing workshop, like Critters Workshop, in it, you have to review a number of other member''s stories before yours can be reviewed but you are guaranteed to get a lot of useful feedback. Just search for Critters Workshop.
"Beware", said I.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement