🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

The best storline ever?

Started by
115 comments, last by boolean 20 years, 11 months ago
Mafia by far. It is also my favourite game of all time
who is it that keeps on nicking WizHarD name !! :P
Advertisement
Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasy 7

my opinion...

There aren''''t problems that can''''t be solved with a gun...
There aren''t problems that can''t be solved with a gun...
Tetris,.......
--------<a href="http://www.icarusindie.com/rpc>Reverse Pop Culture
Lol! I beleive they are making a movie of tetris. Jim Carey is playing block #19746 on its quest for individuality, only to get a ''Tetris'' and dissapear.
Progress Quest....

Its the best ever!
~~~~~Screaming Statue Software. | OpenGL FontLibWhy does Data talk to the computer? Surely he's Wi-Fi enabled... - phaseburn
The Final Fantasy series (especially 7)
Chrono Trigger

--------------------------------------------
"What you think you see is only as real as your brain tells you it is."

"Tyr, please remove your head from the gift horses mouth."
With love, AnonymousPosterChild
quote: Original post by dede
Progress Quest....
I concur.
I haven''t spent enough time meditating on the issue to say what game has ''the best'' storyline, but here are some very good ones (mostly adventure games but some rpgs):

Obsidian
Sanitarium
Vagrant Story
FF 7

I''ve heard a lot of good things about Phantasmagoria, Planescape: Torment, and Baldur''s Gate, but I haven''t played those. Dwarfsoft has a shareware game called something about a ''desert rose'' which supposedly has a great story but I''ve never managed to get it to run on my computer. I believe it''s at www.download.com if you want to look.

I did not personally like Chrono Trigger that much because I thought the plot lacked unity, but the individual sections were quite interesting.

Hmm, perhaps we should take advantage of that new polling feature to research this question further in the Lounge...

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

Have you ever heard of the game I have no mouth, and I must scream?

The game itself, is a buggy mess. But if you follow the walkthru exactly, it is beatable. (there are lots of looping bugs, where an animation starts, but never stops). That is one of the most freaky games ever...

A computer has left 5 people alive, each one has a terrible secret. And to survive, they must overcome their fears and face their past. Each level is made to purposely torture the main characters. Not only that, but each puzzle in the game actually plays on their fears.

One place I remember, is a girl afraid of yellow, and she must pick up several yellow objects...

A soldior who always killed the weak members of his platoon, and he must survive, weakened himself.

Overall, the gameplay was pretty weak, but the story was interersting...
~~~~~Screaming Statue Software. | OpenGL FontLibWhy does Data talk to the computer? Surely he's Wi-Fi enabled... - phaseburn

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement