Intel and AMD

Started by
20 comments, last by Blade Runner 23 years, 9 months ago
quote: Original post by Zumichu

Athlons do kick ass, but via''s drivers for their chipset suck ass! I have one of the best motherboards out there (Asus A7V) but its not to good when I run it in Windows 2000. I get random lock ups all the time. Mostly when running high graphic programs, but other times too. It really bites! Does anyone else have this problem? It works fine in win98. Anyone know how to fix it.

I have all new drivers. And that little AMD patch that they have on AMD''s site for the APG stuff.

I think the problem is with the IRQ driver. All three of my expansion cards are sharing the same IRQ(9). What''s up with that?

It''s my Geforce2, my SBLive card, and a network card.

Anyway, any help would be great.

I don''t really know anything about Windows 2000 but this may work try check your computer manufacturers home page for updates on things or whatever. My computer did a little lock every now and than untile i checked for a few updated now it''s running better than before.

This may not apply but some things like Software, Hardware or even Operating Systems may not be fully compatible with new computers so that may be it.

--------------------------I shall thrash his bloody head in, cut it from upon his shoulders, and as his blood flows effortlessly down my blade, I shall taste it's sweetness. Blade Runner’s Entertainment Nothing much right now...
Advertisement
If my memory severs me correct i remimber looking at a paper that had a new computer called BEON i think it was. What''s that i haven''t seen them in computer stores anywhere so what''s up. Are they any good, i guess not sence i haven''t seen them anywhere.
--------------------------I shall thrash his bloody head in, cut it from upon his shoulders, and as his blood flows effortlessly down my blade, I shall taste it's sweetness. Blade Runner’s Entertainment Nothing much right now...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement