The Week of awesome II! - The second annual unofficial gamedev competition!

Started by
278 comments, last by slicer4ever 9 years, 10 months ago

Hey guys!

Our designated main artist has left the team. Well actually he never worked on the project sad.png

Team name : Team TBA

Programmer : Phil (Me)

Game Designer/Back up artist : Will

Will is creating some very basic place holder sprites for now, we're asking a few friends of ours to make a few assets for us but so far we had no luck.

We might have a one day artist tomorrow and possible another one day artist Saturday. We will most likely end up re-coloring assets(Boring I know sad.png )

and trying to mix and match with open source art.

Well, that is unfortunate.

Good luck!

Never say Never, Because Never comes too soon. - ryan20fun

Disclaimer: Each post of mine is intended as an attempt of helping and/or bringing some meaningfull insight to the topic at hand. Due to my nature, my good intentions will not always be plainly visible. I apologise in advance and assure you I mean no harm and do not intend to insult anyone.

Advertisement

Hey guys!

Our designated main artist has left the team. Well actually he never worked on the project sad.png
Team name : Team TBA
Programmer : Phil (Me)
Game Designer/Back up artist : Will

Will is creating some very basic place holder sprites for now, we're asking a few friends of ours to make a few assets for us but so far we had no luck.
We might have a one day artist tomorrow and possible another one day artist Saturday. We will most likely end up re-coloring assets(Boring I know sad.png )
and trying to mix and match with open source art.

I'm still working my a$$ off on this even if this game ends up being cubes VS rectangles so be it ;)

sorry to hear that, hope it's not to detrimental to your work.
Check out https://www.facebook.com/LiquidGames for some great games made by me on the Playstation Mobile market.

Good luck!

Thanks

sorry to hear that, hope it's not to detrimental to your work.

I can't deny the fact that we're one man down!

Most likely that the game will look a lot more rudimentary. It's all right though, I'm having fun so far :)

Boo on flakey team members. BOOOOO! angry.png

In other news, I'd like to say I'm having a lot of fun with the late-night coding and such. I've been reading the dev journals of the various participants and despite taking away from precious development time, it's helped me stay motivated. Knowing that I'm not the only one feeling the weight of burn-out and deadlines is very encouraging. I think a participation award was a smart idea on the judge's part.

I made a post late last night showing a gameplay screenshot and releasing an alpha version.

http://www.gamedev.net/blog/1922/entry-2260222-the-week-of-awesome-ii-day-49-alpha-release/

- Eck

EckTech Games - Games and Unity Assets I'm working on
Still Flying - My GameDev journal
The Shilwulf Dynasty - Campaign notes for my Rogue Trader RPG

http://kks21199.mrgoogleglass.com/gamedev/oh-yeah-5th-day/

Here is a small update on camera. Test it and comment bugs out :3

Other things are still being done. Hope we get to finish it in time unless if there is any extra time given :P

which is not gonna happen.

I have been reading through all of your blogs and everyone have been doing a great job and I have learned alot in this 5 days.

http://www.gamedev.net/blog/1949-geoffreys-journal/

Hey all, just made my first journal entry!

Just to double, triple super check.... I'm in the UK, so does this Jam end at 5AM for me? I hope so cause that'll give me a little more time, and I can just crawl into work on Monday.

Edit: Or... 4AM? :/

@JackOatley

If you go by the timestamp of my post you have just under 18 hours left

edit: Given some people will have experienced DST changes -- just literally work off the timestamp of my post to determine whatever time it will affect you.

OK, hopefully I'll get it in a lot sooner than that.... I'm getting through the missions of my game, it's leaving a lot of missing art though! But, I just found some coffee hidden in the back of my cupboard, so that should get me through any outcome. :)

Also, I haven't had time to follow many dev journals. But in the last Jam I done, I did video reviews of all 57 games. So I'll try and do that this time as well! Might take me longer as these seem like bigger games. :P

Give everybody 3 extra hours to compensate...?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement