What 'roles' do you want to play in an rpg?

Started by
40 comments, last by Silvermyst 23 years, 10 months ago
Don''t worry about the double post nightwraith, I''ve removed it. And I hope we''re not scaring you off too much with our fierce defending of our own views

Any input is valuable, and we''d like you to help us find a good way to have a strict communication system that is still interesting and fun to use.

People might not remember what you said, or what you did, but they will always remember how you made them feel.
~ (V)^|) |<é!t|-| ~
It's only funny 'till someone gets hurt.And then it's just hilarious.Unless it's you.
Advertisement
Thanx MadKeith... and nope you''re not scaring me off at all. I can look at my fugly mug in the mirror every morning without flinching so its gonna take one helluva lot to scare me...

Any communication system in an RPG (or any other type of game) should be easy to learn as well as fun to use as well as encouraging the player to use it, instead of always resorting to violence.

The biggest problem you have is the simple fact that when we buy a game we dont want to spend hours stitting down reading a manual, we want to install it and play with it.

The problem is with any command language is that given a conversation prompt, the first-time (non-manual reading) player is going to enter "natural language" and expect the system to understand exactly what he''s asking... I agree that producing a NLP to cope with this is difficult... (It probably could be done, but it would probably take something several time the size of deeper blue, running a neural net and taking about 10 years to learn the stuff...)
NightWraith

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement